According to research done in 1953, the first school in Robertsdale was a wooden two-story structure build on the site of the current city hall in 1905. The first session of school was in 1907-1908. There were 35 students ranging from first through eighth grades. Miss Rose Clisby was the teacher. She gained an assistant in 1909. In 1910, Mr. A. F. Moseley became the principal and was assisted by Miss Lila Poos. From 1911-1914, Mr. G.A. Strong served as principal and Miss Poos taught the primary grades. Mr. Strong taught on whatever level he found his students.
As enrollment increased, the School Improvement Society was organized to construct a new building. The old building was torn down, and a new block building was put in its place. In 1914, the new principal was a Mr. Cutis, but due to illness, he had to move and Mr. Strong became principal again and served in that position until 1919. From 1919 – 1920 Miss Florence Burns served as principal of the school.
In 1920, Mr. C. F. Taylor of Ohio became principal and at the same time due to increasing enrollment, a new school was planned. In 1927, a high school was completed on land originally owned by the Stoddards. Professor Taylor, as he was known by his students, served as principal until 1953.
In 1953, Mr. Virgil Buck, a former student and teacher at Robertsdale, became principal. During his tenure in 1967, J. D. Seller’s Stadium was constructed on campus. Football games were previously held at Garrett Park. Mr. Buck retired as principal in 1976.
In 1976, Mr. Bobby Farris became principal at Robertsdale High School. He had also served as a social studies teacher at the school. He served until 1987.
In 1987, Mr. John Falck began his tenure at Robertsdale High School. During his time, Baldwin County was experiencing an increase in population. Several new high schools were being built. Due to the diligence of citizens in the Central Baldwin Area a new school was built in 1992 to serve 9th – 12th grades. The school was located on Highway 59 on the south end of Robertsdale.
In 1998, Mr. Falck retired and Mr. Paul Hollingsworth served as principal for the 1998 – 1999 school year. In 1999, Ms. Theresa Bryant became the principal of Robertsdale High School. She served in that position until the fall of 2011. During her tenure, she improved the classrooms with new technology like smartboards and added a track and improved stadium facilities.
In the fall of 2011, Mr. Craig Ross became principal and currently serves in that position.