The Robertsdale Girls Varsity Basketball Team's Schedule and Stats for each game can be seen at www.maxpreps.com under Robertsdale Lady Bears Basketball.
Being a part of the Robertsdale Lady Bears basketball team has many rewards. Valuable experiences include teamwork, determination, development of friendships, set and attain goals, improve physical conditioning, and through hard work will pay off. The main reward is the life long lessons learned through basketball that will prepare her for life. In return, the school gains pride, school spirit, and leadership through their participation. We look forward to a successful season.
1. You must have passed 4 core subjects and 2 elective classes the previous school year. All 6 classes must be a composite of 70 average or better.
2. You must be able to attend all summer practices and camps.
3. You must have prompt rides to and from practices.
4. You must accept money obligations.
5. You must abide by all coaches rules and policies.
1. Physical Form - completed by a doctor
2. Insurance Waiver Form
3. Copy of Insurance Card
1. All players who participate in school activities must be attendance for a least of half of the school day.
2. All players must attend all practices and games in its entirety.
3. If a player is ill and misses ANY practice, she must be at home or seeking medical attention.
4. Coach Harville must be notified if a player will not be in attendance for ANY reason. Work, vacations, or other activities are not considered an excuse for missing.
5. All doctor appointments should be scheduled so that it will not interfere with basketball practice.
6. All players must be in basketball class with rest of the players.
1. All players are encouraged to participate in all fundraising activities.
2. Financial goals are set for each player to attain.
3. In the event extra funds are raised, the money will remain in the Girls Basketball Account.
1. Team members should be leaders within the school and outside at ALL times.
2. Team members must be respectful to the coaches and players of the opposing team.
3. Players may not show affection while wearing practice gear of game uniform. Players are representatives of the school and therefore should not display inappropriate behavior deemed by the coaches, principals or faculty.
1. Players on the team are expected to maintain respectful attitudes towards coaches and teammates and remain fully engaged in order to reach full potential of team goals.
2. Extra physical conditioning during practice will be used for disciplinary tool and will be given by the coaches for:
- Tardiness for any team activity.
- Displaying a disrespectful or negative attitude, or lack of following instruction.
- Forgotten items (practice gear, game uniforms, etc.)
- Use of inappropriate language.
- Showing affection in uniform.
- Absence from practice without prior notice to coach.
- Leaving early from any team activity.
Dismissal from the Team
1. If a player is dismissed or quits the team, all monetary funds raised will not be reimbursed.
2. All uniforms must be returned to the school promptly.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE COACHES AND PRINCIPALS ARE FINAL
Any questions or concerns should be brought to the coach. Meetings may be set during planning times or after school.
** Please give a respectful 24 hour period before contacting the coach about concerns. please do not speak with the coach during practice or before, during and after games.
The following contract is to ensure that each player upholds her academic responsibilities. The following expectations are the players responsibility to fulfill. Each player will work together with their parent/guardian and the coach to meet the requirements. Discipline actions will be implemented upon a player's compliance to these stated expectations.
- To maintain an average higher than a 70.
- To complete all assignments (class work, homework, etc.) in a timely fashion.
- To participate in each class daily. (Examples - take notes, class discussions, etc.)
- To prepare themselves for each announced test.
- Complying with all expectations set fourth by Robertsdale High School and the teacher they might have.
- Have a weekly or daily progress reports signed by their teacher and their parent/guardian. Then, present report in the morning to Coach Harville before school.
- Attend study hall to be assigned by the coach.
- Attend tutoring sessions provided by the teacher before or after school.
CONTINUOUS NON-COMPLIANCE OF EXPECTATIONS WILL RESULT IN CONDITIONING OR SUSPENSION FROM THE TEAM.